Tips And Tricks
Once the weather starts to turn warm, drivers’ thoughts turn to...air conditioning. Some are just anxious to turn it on, but others may be wondering if it will work as well as it did before fall arrived. There’s generally only one way to find out. Turning on the air now to find out if it’s functioning properly and answering the questions below can help you be prepared for that onslaught of heat before you’re stuck in traffic with a system that won’t cool your jets.
- Is it the air that isn’t working, or is the blower fan the problem?
A blower fan that doesn’t function at all the levels can affect how the air conditioning feels. Vents should be checked as well to be sure they’re working properly.
- Is the air not working at all, or is it just not functioning at the optimum level to which you are accustomed?
- Is there a bad odor when the air is running?
Where is the odor coming from? Is it inside the car or emanating from under the hood?
- Does the car not run as well when the air conditioning is on?
Do you notice your car losing power when the air is running?
- Was your air serviced last year?
If not, how long has it been since it was recharged? If your answers to these questions indicate a problem, we’ll be happy to look at your air conditioning system and see if any auto repair or auto electrical repair need to be made. We don’t want you to get hot under the collar over a system that just can’t relieve your discomfort. Bring your car to us and we’ll do our best to diagnose the problem and get you back on the road in a cool, comfortable car.