Tips And Tricks
Feel Safe in your Car
Oftentimes, women don’t feel safe in their cars. This is especially true in the colder months, when they may be driving more often in darkness or only partial daylight. Taking precautions and knowing what to do if they feel threatened can help women feel more confident.
Here are some tips that should be taken seriously:
- This may seem obvious, but do not pick up strangers for any reason. If you have a cell phone, you can use it to report dire circumstances to police.
- Trust your feelings. If you think someone is following you, drive to a well-lit public area in Vista, CA or the city you are in where you can leave the car safely to get help.
- Doors and windows should be closed and locked if at all possible. Valuables, such as a purse, should be out of sight.
- Keep the car clean and empty. Put groceries, shopping bags, and coats in the trunk rather than the back seat.
- Leave plenty of space between your car and the one ahead of you when parked at a light or stop sign.
- Your car horn can serve as a deterrent to attackers, so remember that it’s available and use it wisely.